April 6, 2009 – A survey of 170 senior level decision makers from 18 organizations in the Australian Pacific Aviation community gives us some insight into the issues facing the industry. A few highlights.
Asked to identify what they considered to be the most important issues,
- 33.3% answered technology and innovation for Airlines/Airports;
- 22.8% answered aviation skills shortage;
- 20.2% answered Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO).
Identified technologies that respondents would like to hear about:
- Cabin maintenance/savings and improvements:
- IT innovations in the Air Transport Industry:
- Direct selling MRO.